Municipal Engineering & Planning has been the foundation of our business for over 40 years. Our experienced professional staff provides support to local municipalities, authorities, and counties, serving as Municipal Engineer, Authority Engineer, Sewage Enforcement Officer, Stormwater Engineer, Sewage Facilities Engineer, Municipal Planner, and Wetlands Consultant.
Our staff regularly attends seminars and conferences to keep up-to-date on the continuously changing Federal, State and local regulations that impact our municipal and authority clients.
Municipal Engineering and Planning Services include:
- Streets, Bridges and Culverts
- Public Water and Sanitary Sewer Systems
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Storm Drainage Collection and Control Facilities
- Traffic Control Facilities
- Parks and Recreational Areas
- Open Space and Recreation Plans
- Soil Erosion Control Facilities
- Onlot Sewage Disposal Systems
- Solid Waste Landfills
- Public Improvement Inspection
- Comprehensive Plans
- Zoning Ordinances
- Subdivision and Land Development Regulations
- Watershed Management Ordinances
- Act 537 Sewage Facilities Plans
- Onlot Sewage Disposal Regulations
- Public Water and Sewer Rates, Rules and Regulations
- Industrial Waste Regulations
- Act 209 Traffic Impact Fee Ordinances
- Wetland and Carbonate Geology Regulations
- Hydrogeological Study Regulations
We work closely with our municipal clients and often assist with daily responsibilities, such as zoning, road maintenance, and capital improvements planning and budgeting. We strive to design cost effective capital improvement projects for the community and have assisted with the planning, design, preparation of bid documents and specifications, project administration and the construction observation for many different types of infrastructure projects ranging from bridge and culvert replacements to sanitary sewer collection system and wastewater treatment plants.
Hanover Engineering also has assisted many Municipalities and Authorities with applications for County, State and Federal grants, including CDBG, DCNR, ARRA, and H2O-PA, as well as PENNVEST loans, and bank or bond financing.
The experience and knowledge of Hanover Engineering’s staff of Professional Engineers, Professional Geologist, Registered Surveyors and Registered Landscape Architect, ensures a high level of technical professionalism in the services we provide to our municipal clients.